Across Borders… across disciplines
Meeting Point Functional Layers or MPFL is a coordinated research network of the University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern (Germany), the University of Hasselt (Belgium), the INESC-MN at the University of Lisbon (Portugal) and the Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research Mainz (Germany) funded by the DAAD “to enable students, graduates, doctoral candidates, postdocs and university instructors to study, work and conduct research”.
The establishment of this competence centre brings together scientists from engineering, microsystems and nanotechnology, applied life sciences, chemistry, physics, biotechnology and medicine to work together in the broad field of functional layers.
Aims of the network
- to strengthen the partnerships
- to conduct collaborative research projects
- to provide organizational infrastructures for research exchanges
- to support research visits
- to enhance research experience and capacities
- to link research and education
- to develop joint degrees and doctoral programmes
- to intensify student exchange
Who can join?
The network is open to all members of the participating institutions.